making an option disappear after set number of players
  • Williamhawk

making an option disappear after set number of players

by Williamhawk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 am

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know how to make an option disappear after a set number of players have chosen that option? for instance, I want to divide my players into 5 teams, so after 4 people have chosen "team 1", I want "team 1" to disappear so no one else chooses that option.

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:https://fielddaylab.wisc.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157#post_content730

app promotional videos
  • cleffingwell

Re: making an option disappear after set number of players

by cleffingwell » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:18 am

Sounds to me that you would need to use 'world items'/attributes and have them be tied to a lock that allows a player to see or not see the option.

Every time a person selects a particular team, add or take away the Team X world item

This page talks about world and group items: https://sites.google.com/site/aris2manual/editor/items

I have not personally experimented with these as of yet, but always wanted to try it.
    chrish

Re: making an option disappear after set number of players

by chrish » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:35 am

Charles has the good way to do this figured out. There's also some simpler ways.

1. Put 5 "team 1" items on the map. Once they've all been picked up, they're gone.

2. Do it in meatspace. Hand out say QR codes to individual players that they scan to pick up a particular item and only give 5 "team 1" codes out. Or have a conversation where player chooses team and simply tell players to choose specific teams.

This last one is a "soft mod". Not very elegant, but a good thing to remember: the entire game system doesn't always need to be set up in software. The social contract between players can help you do things that, say, our software isn't good at. It works for tag, Humans vs. Zombies, and Monopoly.