Long wait time on duplicate
  • Williamhawk

Long wait time on duplicate

by Williamhawk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 am

Hello Everyone,

We have the "Otaniemi Campus Tour" game/tour ready. However, we would like to duplicate it. We have been have troubles doing this. Mira, one of the students, spent 3 hours with no luck. I left my laptop on overnight and no luck. (Mind you, my laptop might have gone to sleep before that.)

It's a large(!) game. Any ideas on how to get it duplicated? Our Swedish and Finnish teams would like their own copy to translate into both languages.

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:https://fielddaylab.wisc.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150

installation video
    chrish

Re: Long wait time on duplicate

by chrish » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:40 am

This is the same game you were having trouble with before, yes? And there was something about the size that was running into some otherwise invisible problem?

My (totally uninformed) guess is that some other similar thing is happening here: since the game is large, it takes longer than usual to duplicate, and some internal setting meant to head of processes gone awry is being triggered and causing the procedure to time out.

It could also be some other error is being encountered.When it's successful, duplication is pretty snappy, but when it fails, you don't get notified. Anything longer than a few minutes would seem to be broken rather than something that just takes longer. Small games duplicate in a couple seconds.

You could try to have different people, on different network connections, try it separately, but I don't know the chances of this working.
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Okay! We finally fixed this. Duplicate should complete now. We still have an issue where REALLY large games may timeout on the client after 60 seconds, but the game should still successfully complete.

David
    chrish

by chrish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Are there any rules of thumb or other means by which authors could know if their game is large and timing out?