Copy Game function approximate time to complete?
  • WaterGuerrilla

Copy Game function approximate time to complete?

by WaterGuerrilla » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:51 am

On my third attempt to Copy our ARIS game... Left it on over night after two previous attempts lasting over an hour that seemed not to finish. Should this process take ~7.5 hours? I am going to reset my computer and try again fresh before I leave for work today. MT
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: Copy Game function approximate time to complete?

by djgagnon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:05 am

Games that require more than a few minutes will cause the browser to timeout. That said, your game is likely copied just fine even though it doesn't give a confirmation message. There is no way it takes 8 hours.

David
  • WaterGuerrilla

by WaterGuerrilla » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Okay. Good to know. Where can I find the copy if it did duplicate and I don't see it (which I don't)? Or, is there a way to copy everything but the media? That could be helpful. I can re-upload relevant media to a pared-down version/s but I would like to preserve the game structure components so that what I re-build is parallel with what we have. When I search My Games, no duplicate copy shows up. And the most recent Duplicate Game attempt also resulted in just a spinning circle telling me not to close it until it was finished.

I am going to think through this a bit but if I can't duplicate the game in order to strip it, I may be inclined to start from scratch to build up the pared-down version. This is not ideal. But I do want to preserve the structure of what I've got right now and more deliberately cut it. What is comprising the bulk of that data is the short video clips we've uploaded. There are quite a few. Yes, I do have all the assets locally, so I can manually strip them out. But I would much prefer to strip from the duplicated copy rather than from my master so that I have a history I can compare against as I rebuild. One option we are contemplating is to replace video plaques with web page plaques linking to YouTube with the content.

I'll try to duplicate our game again shortly and then, based on the 8-minute timeout feature, will abort if still spinning after 8-10 minutes.

Thanks,

MT
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:12 pm

I see at least 4 copies of your game. Don't you?
  • WaterGuerrilla

by WaterGuerrilla » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:19 pm

No, I do not.
  • WaterGuerrilla

by WaterGuerrilla » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Now, I see one additional one from my phone as a user (plus two others without the main logo), but I only find one game when I'm using the ARIS editor to find My Games...

How do I find the back end?