map icon white vs. transparent borders?
  • WaterGuerrilla

map icon white vs. transparent borders?

by WaterGuerrilla » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Is there any way that the thick, tidy white borders around square map icons that are associated with "Show Map Title" can also be toggled on even when we don't want the icon title annotation to appear on the map?

Or, as a practical workaround cheat, what is the text we can enter into the icon "title" field in order for the title to be null instead of pull the default title from the associated media? Perhaps I can have my cake and eat it too?

Rationale for this query is aesthetic consistency and preference for the white borders over the semi-transparent ones that appear when a icon is tapped to select it when "Show Map Title" is not checked.

Thanks!

MT
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: map icon white vs. transparent borders?

by djgagnon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm

As usual, both of these ideas are totally feasible with a little bit of customization to the iOS/editor code. If you male these changes, please do share them back with us!

Otherwise, if you could use a bit of help, I'm sure our team could help. Email me and we can work something out.

David
  • WaterGuerrilla

Re: map icon white vs. transparent borders?

by WaterGuerrilla » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi David,

Thank you for your response on these queries. I confess I have been using the editor but not conscious of ways that editors can modify the actual ARIS code, assuming this to be beyond my purview but apparently that is a false assumption. I will take a deeper look over the next 48 hours.

I will also email you separately about the Android question, which is much more pressing to me over the next 96 hours. I'm going to take a fresh look at that following the December 2016 instructions you posted re: Android App Studio again, but suspect I am missing some key insight in how to bring up ARIS for Android.

Thanks for your support.