Bug: In scene / stand alone events break in duplicated game
  • rleduc

Bug: In scene / stand alone events break in duplicated game

by rleduc » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:38 pm

I have discovered a bug where in scene / stand alone events (events not attached to a plaque) break in a duplicated game.

By in scene / stand alone events, I mean events added to the scene by clicking the "+" symbol on a scene and selecting "Add event to scene". In my case, the events I added to the scene were first created via the "+" sign next to the Events heading in the left hand menu.

I have two scenarios I am working on right now for the ARISE Project, both of which are nearly identical except one scenario has an extra level. In order to save time, I duplicated the shorter scenario to use as a base for the longer one. Upon testing the duplicated scenario I noticed that my in scene events no longer worked. They still work in the original game.

For instance, in most of our ARISE scenarios, students are required to first scan a Patient ID QR code in order to see the "correct" medication plaque (if they haven't scanned the Patient ID code, they see an error plaque). Scanning the Patient ID QR code gives the student an "Id Scanned" item that unlocks the "correct" medication plaque for viewing. We then add an event to the scene that takes away the "ID scanned" item. This event is triggered when the student receives the ID Scanned item, and is on a timer that takes away the "ID Scanned" item after a period of time has passed (30 seconds for testing, 2 minutes for published scenarios).

Upon duplication, while the event in which the student is given the item when viewing the plaque still works, the in scene event that takes away the item no longer works. This happened with game #'s 24133(original) and 24268(duplicate), and I was able to duplicate the issue with #'s 24270(original) and 24272(duplicate). However, in game 24268, besides the ID Scanned example, I had a whole chain of events that no longer worked.

I was able to fix all the events in game #24268 by deleting them from the scene and re-adding them, after which the proper functionality of the scenario returned.