ARIS Editor Game-Breaking Bug
  • AustinT

ARIS Editor Game-Breaking Bug

by AustinT » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi, during production of my ARIS game I encountered a bug that prevents me from editing an entire portion the game. Upon extending a conversation block, the entire conversation tree disappeared out of nowhere, and only the beginning block was visible. Now, when clicking on the script editor for this particular conversation, all that you can see is a blank screen. Strangely enough, the game plays normally from within the app, it's just that I now have no way to edit the conversation tree no matter how I try to access it. Any input would be really appreciated, I'm at a loss of what to do!
  • chasleff

Re: ARIS Editor Game-Breaking Bug

by chasleff » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:53 pm

This has not happened to me yet, but I have not implemented long complicated conversations.
    You could try duplicating the game and then experimenting with possible fixes. Maybe the duplicate will behave differently.
    Charles Leffingwell
    ARISE Serious Game Programmer & Designer
    http://www.ariseproject.com
  • WaterGuerrilla

by WaterGuerrilla » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Just checking to make sure you're scrolling left or right in your web browser? I know on one of our long conversation threads stuff gets really spread out so you have to not only scroll up and down but also left and right to track the bubbles. Probably this is not the case for you but I mention just in case it is. I might also recommend you try editing with a different web browser just to make sure this isn't a zoom-in/out browser issue? We use Chrome but sometimes the scrolling is very unhappy and if I don't have a scroll mouse I can't actually access content that I would have to scroll down for in the window. It's as though I'm looking at a blank screen even though the content is just beyond the scope of my physical screen, if that makes sense.
  • libnaomi

by libnaomi » Fri May 19, 2017 2:41 pm

This same bug has happened to me multiple times in the past 2 weeks. I lost the ability to edit at least 3 conversations. I was editing a conversation that was already part of my game. The conversation still played within the game, but there was no way to edit it. The entire thread disappears, there's no way to even start over, the conversation screen is just entirely blank. This happened a couple times while working on my game so that I had to start a new conversation multiple times. Really hope this bug can be fixed, as it is potentially a huge problem!
    chrish

by chrish » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 pm

I just had this happen to a student today too.
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Can anyone give a game name and a conversation name where this is happening?
    chrish

by chrish » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 am

Route Sixty-Fix, KiMo