Can we customize the "Continue" button?
  • tnelson

Can we customize the "Continue" button?

by tnelson » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:51 am

Because I'm working on a project in French, it would be nice to be able to change the "Continue" button (e.g. on plaques) to a French word (I use "Continuez" in conversations, etc.)
    chrish

Re: Can we customize the "Continue" button?

by chrish » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:37 pm

It maybe would be possible to do so with Javascript (in the plaque itself, choose Javascript and/or have the button authored by code in the plaque's text) but I haven't tried yet. Come to think of it, I don't really understand what the choice of "javascript" for the continue button even means. Since there isn't a separate place to put the script, wouldn't you be authoring it in the plaque text and the script running regardless?
  • WaterGuerrilla

Re: Can we customize the "Continue" button?

by WaterGuerrilla » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:18 pm

I lack the javascript chops to comment on Chris's suggestion, but I too would find utility in a customizable Continue button. Like to make it bigger or change the color. Some of our users, often I find the older and less app savvy ones, have difficulty understanding that they need to keep pressing things to get to the next screen. This is only an aesthetic but not functional hurdle for the majority of younger users who quickly adapt because they are used to touching screens until stuff happens.

A minor ask, perhaps, but now that we have a handle on the guts of what's possible using ARIS, it's the user interface and experience hurdles that I find our field-testers are often most dissatisfied with--and I feel basically powerless to address over half of their understandable concerns. It could be that I need to do more to learn javascript or mine javascript libraries to understand what flexibility is already out there.