Quests
  • tnelson

Quests

by tnelson » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:50 am

A few things I've noticed about Quests that are odd:

You can click the alert box away in the big circle… but only two times. If there are more than 2 quests that open at the same time, after two touches of the circle, you must then touch the Continue button for the subsequent alerts

Even if you click Begin Quest (bottom right) on a quest initial screen/description, when you return to the Quests tab, you see the description, not the gallery/list of Quests. The only way to get back to the gallery/list is to use the back button on the Quest description page (even if the quest is completed). I think that returning to the Quest should take you to the list-- otherwise it becomes confusing because your Quest may actually be completed (but you'll still see that initial description screen until you touch the back button).

If you return to look at a Completed Quest in the Quest tab, the bottom button (lower right) still says "Begin Quest” (even though the quest cannot be re-begun)
    chrish

Re: Quests

by chrish » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Nice notes Terri. I've found these weirdnesses too.
  • danaab

by danaab » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:57 pm

I have also been running into the issue of the "alert box" for Quests being displayed halfway (or even basically ALL the way) off of the screen at the top. Very weird.
  • CarolYan

by CarolYan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 am

I came across with the second point you mentioned. It is really confusing! Did you figure out a way to fix that or avoid this confusion? Thx!
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks for finding being these bugs. Let’s see if we can get them fixed in the next realease.
    chrish

by chrish » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:38 pm

The problem of returning only to that last viewed quest instead of to the list is a big usability problem in quest driven games, where you want to show new players how to navigate an ARIS game successfully (especially ones that are not map based).
  • mikemartin

by mikemartin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 am

Hope The Issues Will Fixed In Next Release. Thanks