Inserting conversation branch issue
  • cleffingwell

Inserting conversation branch issue

by cleffingwell » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:48 am

We use conversations sometimes with a range of choices. We like them in a certain order and if we add a choice, we don't seem to be able to insert it at a place of our choosing in the horizontal order.
    chrish

Re: Inserting conversation branch issue

by chrish » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:26 pm

This is true and a bit unfortunate. Especially changing the order or adding new options in later after an initial authoring. It's also a bit weird that when adding new branches they always come 2nd from left. There is some sort of auto ordering there though. Is there a logic that you can pick out between the order in the editor and the client? I think I remember @tnelson hacking around with this to get it right, but if so it didn't sound like a lot of fun to delete and painstakingly re author in a specific order.

I wonder if a downloaded game file would indicate the ordering in a way that you could swap indices and re upload? I'll mess around with this a bit when I can.
  • cleffingwell

by cleffingwell » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:38 am

I think even if they can't easily be re-ordered in the editor visually, if the ARIS designers could add a field in the branch settings somehow where you could enter a integer for display order/priority,... that would be enough for us.
    senoramcpeak

by senoramcpeak » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm

I agree, it would be really nice to be able to reorder conversation choices. But I can live with it as is.